We are looking for volunteers to take part in a study looking at the use of different COVID-19 vaccines for giving a third dose. This study is being run by Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (on behalf of Public Health Wales as the site), and is sponsored by University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust.
You may be eligible to take part in the study if you:
We will provide reimbursement up to £180 - £270 for your time, inconvenience and travel (depending on what group you are enrolled in). The total study participation time is up to one year.
If you are interested in finding out more, please visit our website: https://www.covboost.org.uk/participate-wrexham where you can also complete the pre- screening questionnaire to see if you will be eligible.
Launch of an online COVID vaccine booking service
- Its now easier than ever for people to book their first and second doses through the online booking service through this link
- A range of appointment dates and times are available, with vaccination clinics being held in locations across North Wales
- Those who are unable to book online are able to call our dedicated COVID-19 Vaccination Contact Centre on 03000 840004
We have a clinic for the COVID-19 vaccine
You can find information on the North Wales COVID-19 Vaccination Programme, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions and how to let us know if you need a new or first appointment, on the BCUHB website here: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (website) – COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Book your vaccination now
We have a COVID-19 vaccination clinic on 12th June 2021. To book a slot, contact reception staff on 01978 290708.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it will be different to previous years. We ask that you follow these requirements;
- Turn up at exact time of appointment, otherwise you may be asked to wait in your car in meantime as there is no seating in waiting area
- Do not attend if new cough/fever/loss of smell or taste
- Attend alone (unless carer required)
- Wear clothing that is easy to access top of arm
- Just for COVID vaccination so no queries, prescriptions etc
- Wear a mask
- No toilet facilities
- No shopping bags to be brought in
Join My Health Online to order Repeat Prescriptions and once social distancing has been lifted, Book Appointments
Follow this link to see how to join
Latest news regarding Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 from Welsh Government and Public Health Wales
Please do not attend your GP Practice if you have a concern about whether you have been affected by Coronavirus (if you have the symptoms or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19).
The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
If you are worried about Coronavirus, follow this link for more information from the Welsh Government, before attending the surgery.
If you have the symptoms of a high temperature, continous cough, loss of taste or smell then do not go to a GP surgery, community pharmacy or hospital. Stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
Like the common cold, coronavirus infection usually occurs through close contact with a person with novel coronavirus via cough and sneezes or hand contact. A person can also be infected by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands. Stay at home advice
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health Wales advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Further information from Public Health Wales is available on https://phw.nhs.wales/coronavirus/ and Advice on COVID
Vaccinations for your child's health is a priority for you.....and for us, find out more
Parents and carers... It’s important to attend your young child's vaccination appointments on time - even in these uncertain times. Here is a video clip on how GP surgeries are providing vaccinations safely for all.
We are aware that some patients might be, understandably, anxious about the Government's recent announcements around the use of face masks in various public settings. GP's are not in a position to provide individual risks assessments or letters for patients who feel they should be exempt from wearing one. Please see www.gov.wales/face-coverings-frequently-asked-questions or www.gov.uk/coronavirus for further information.
Training Afternoon - Surgery Closed - 1pm-4.30pm - Cancelled until further notice
The Surgery will be closed between 1pm - 4.30pm on . You can see future training dates in the 'Opening Times' section.
Text 'Appointment Reminder' Service - Do We Have Your Correct Mobile Number?
Our SMS text appointment reminder service, is a popular service - but do we have your correct details on our records? Please let us know if you change your mobile number or home land line number.
Do you need a blood test?.........
View here for contact details of how to arrange a blood test
What's your heart age?
If your over 30, take the following Heart Age Test to find out how old your heart is; https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nhs-health-check/check-your-heart-age-tool/#
Many of life’s problems can make you feel unwell
Get in touch with us and we can make an appointment with our Social Prescriber - Social Prescriber